The new Intel development has brought great excitement to the Central Ohio area. The construction project promises to bring many high-paying jobs to the area and provides hope that Columbus and many surrounding areas will see explosive economic growth over the next decade. With the significant impact, this will have on the area and the ever-evolving progress and changes being made surrounding the development, we thought it would be nice to localize as much of the information in one spot as possible.
Interesting Facts and Statistics
- Honda has spent $10 billion over the last 30 years. If all of the proposed structures are built, Intel will spend over $100 billion.
- Intel will bring 3000 permanent employees with an average salary of $134,000 and 7000 construction jobs to complete the project.
- For every job at Intel, it is expected that another 5.7 jobs will be created in the area.
- The office building at the Intel plant will be 600,000 square feet.
- Over 130 supply companies and counting are coming to Central Ohio as well to support the Intel factory.
- The population of Columbus proper in 2020 was 889,079 and is expected to grow by 1 million people over the next decade.
- It is expected that Rickenbacker will be the busiest private airport in the nation.
- As soon as the Intel development was announced, Columbus (CMH), announced plans to build an entirely new airport offering more direct flights and international travel.